Selecting a REALTOR®
Your most important decision when selling your home is the selection of the person you choose to represent you.
The job of your Sales Associate is to support you in selling your home with the best possible terms and for the highest possible price, and to aid you through the entire process.
Your Sales Associate will explain the process of selling a home, and familiarize you with the various activities, documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
Tips For Selecting A REALTOR®
Your Real Estate Professional should be:
- Experienced and have a strong skill set in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations.
- Able to understand and negotiate the purchase contract and the specific terms that are important to you.
- Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications.
- Resourceful & creative in attracting the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable in the technology resources that facilitate the transaction.
- Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
- Assisted by a fully-staffed marketing department.
- Supported by professional legal counsel.
Developing a Marketing Strategy
In order to sell your home quickly, with the best possible terms and for the highest possible price, it’s necessary to prepare your home for the market. This process includes:
- Deciding when to put your home on the market.
- Connecting you with professional vendor contacts for any necessary repairs or improvements.
- As a team, establishing a strategic price based on recent comparable sales.
- Estimating probable net proceeds.
- Providing interior design consultation.
- Creating a customized marketing strategy.
Managing the Transaction
You’ll appreciate having a strong advocate on your side during the transaction!
Negotiating the Offer
Your Sales Associate will immediately present and explain all offers to you. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, your Associate will leverage their experience and skills to advocate your interests:
- Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
- Explaining how contingencies and additional clauses work.
- Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Defining legal disclosure requirements.
- Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary.
Throughout the negotiation, your Sales Associate will provide you with a professional, objective point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours.
After the Offer is Accepted
Once an offer is accepted, your Sales Associate will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth escrow.
- Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and ensuring both parties have copies. When the transaction has closed, your Sales Associate will deliver the closing check to you and the keys to the new owner.